All foreign employers who plan to employ Nepali nationals are advised to start the process through the licensed agencies registered under the Department of Labour and Employment Promotion of the Government of Nepal. The list of the agencies can be accessed here: https://dofe.gov.np/Recruting-Agences.aspx
These agencies can directly contact and negotiate with the overseas employers for recruiting manpower from Nepal. The agencies and the Department as well as the Embassy can be contacted for salary and other terms and conditions. The demand letter attestation process generally follows the following five simple steps and takes at least 10 working days:
- First, demands are generated and foreign employers contact Nepali agencies.
- Second, following documents are prepared in consultation between the foreign employeers and licensed agencies (both can contact the Department and the Embassy for more details, if required).
- Demand Letter (mentions job category, number, minimum salary, working hours, overtime, food, accomodation, insurance, air ticket, local transportation, visa and other details)
- Power of Attorney: document that empowers Nepali agency
- Gurantee Letter: Gurantee letter addressed to the Director General, Department of Foreign Employment, Nepal stating all legal aspects of the recruitment
- Agency/Service Agreement: This document is the legal basis for recruitment and supply of manpower from Nepal.
- Employment Contract: a sample contract to be concluded later between the employer and employee
Please write to email@example.com, if you need samples of the above documents.
- Third, the documents are emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org for checking if everything is fine. This saves your time, energy and your money too.
- Fourth, once the Embassy says ‘preliminary yes’, the above five documents are attested by chambers/authorities where the employer is registered and then by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (attestation by the embassy of the country in Islamabad is preferred, and if embassy attestation is not done, the Embassy verifies the documents with the embassy concerned, which may take time), and the copies are sent to the Embassy by email for final processing.
- Fifth, the originals are taken by the company/agency owner/manager or representative to the Embassy for attestation, together with a copies of license, renewal pages, citizenship certificate, passport and arrival stamp in Pakistan. This final step takes at least a day.
For more information, please write to email@example.com.