The Embassy of Nepal was established in Islamabad in 1967. Besides host country Pakistan, this Embassy is concurrently accredited to six other countries- Islamic Republic of Iran, Kyrgyz Republic, Republic of Tajikistan, Republic of Turkey, Turkmenistan and Republic of Uzbekistan. According to the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations 1961, main functions of the Embassy are:
- Representing Nepal in Pakistan and other six accredited countries.
- Protecting the interests of Nepal and of her nationals in Pakistan and other six accredited countries within the limits permitted by international law;
- Negotiating with the Government of Pakistan and other six accredited countries.
- Ascertaining by all lawful means conditions and developments in Pakistan and other six accredited countries, and reporting thereon to the Government of Nepal;
- Promoting friendly relations between Nepal and Pakistan and other accredited countries, and developing economic, cultural and scientific relations.
The Embassy has been providing consular services to the Nepali nationals living in Pakistan and other accredited countries.